Not everything is WhatsApp, there are many applications for free calling that are gaining strength in recent times. Hangouts, Viber … are among the best known, but there are also Upptalk, Tango, Talks or iEvaphone.
Many of these applications do not need the receivers to have it installed.
The arrival of certain applications such as WhatsApp first wiped out the SMS and has been threatening to do the same with calls for some time. And not just Whatsapp. The existence of a multitude of applications that allow free calls has multiplied and are increasingly found in more mobile devices.
These applications have been growing in recent years and have improved their performance to become a serious rival for traditional calls with cost, despite the many offers that operators are offered today.
The ignorance still of several users makes that its use has not become majority To take advantage of the majority of these apps it is enough to make use of a wifi network, as detailed from Android Pit and Computer Hoy. You can have a free calling app without internet and the 10 most popular apps to make free calls are:
- Viber: although its use is not yet widespread in Spain, it accumulates 100 million downloads worldwide. Consume data, so it is advisable to use if you have the wifi connection or the conversation will not be very long. It also allows you to send messages, make video calls and use them in several languages.
- Two Google options: Google Hangouts: it is one of the best options to call for free. Multiplatform, stable service, free … still has a couple of ‘buts’: it is not very intuitive and has not managed to hook users as Google expected. On the other hand is Google Duo, which has not hooked users as Google expected. Simple to use and with a different interface to Hangouts, its registration mode is similar to WhatsApp.
- Whatsapp: the most popular of all. It forces the user to be connected to wifi if he does not want to consume a lot of data. Telegram: the same case as with Whatsapp.
- Telegram: the same case as with Whatsapp.
- Upptalk: it is multiplatform (like LINE) and, connected to wifi, allows calls to people who do not have the application installed. It is not linked to any operator, unlike others such as Lisbon or .tuenti.
- Tango: allows calls, video calls and messages. It is available in several languages. It has real-time filters for video calls. It is available for Android and iOS.
- iEvaphone: its operation is the same as that of Talku.
- Skype: is the most popular of all, although its great success has been based on calls made from computers connected to Wi-Fi networks, mainly. Attempts to compete with mobile network operators still do not allow talk of it as a serious threat to operators, although it has been working on it for some time.
- LINE: has failed in its attempt to compete with WhatsApp, but still maintains an acceptable number of users worldwide.